Connect-ED is the Durex CSI and point of market entry program and one of the largest private sexual health education programs in South Africa. Connect-ED is and is an innovative high school program designed to educate students about relationships, sexual health, abstinence and condom use.
Created a school theatre show, movie and Connect-ED Buddy.
Launched in 2012.
Integrated Schools Health Program endorsement & partnership programme of DoH and DoBE
• 1 million high school learners enrolled at over 1000 schools, and 6 million people reached in total
• Ongoing engagement with 300 000 learners on Connect-ED Buddy
• 99.8% positive feedback from schools
• Applauded at the International Aids Conference 2013
• Winner of the Student Village Award for most memorable National Campaign 2014
• Winner of the USAID AfriComNet Award for Excellence in Health Communication in Africa 2015
• Showcased at the SA Aids Conference 2015
• Showcased at the Business Women’s Conference SA
• Durex South Africa Global Award for CSI and named lead country
• Official school’s program model for Durex globally
• 95% increase in sales from the student market in areas reached